Sunday, August 20, 2006

Rainy Day in the Mountains

So I was just playing around with Photoshop for the picture above...I had so much fun at the velodrome yesterday...it could have only been more fun if I actully rode instead of just watching and taking photographs. I would have gotten lapped, but I would have been lapped quickly by some of the best.

Today it is raining again, but I did get the dogs out before it started to pour and did see some interesting news. Apparently, many comics use the phrase "Timmy has fallen in the well again" as an allusion to a contrived situation in a T.V. show or movie.

They interviewed Jon Provost who played Timmy (Lassie's boy) in the late 50s and early 60s and it turns out that the character Timmy never once fell in a well, but did fall into a lake twice. Interestingly (to me anyway), Lassie who was always a female dog on the T.V. serial and in the movies was always played by male dogs. I bet that left poor Timmy a bit confused about gender specific anatomy :-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like this. Isn't photoshop wonderful?