Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Here Comes the Rain Again

Well the morning commute was wonderful, but during the day the clouds rolled in and it started to rain. When I left work at 6 pm it was a down pour. Normally, I would have called Christine, but she is doing work in Lake Tahoe, so I just sucked it up.

I really don't mind commuting in downpours once the first 3 minutes is out of the way. Being wet isn't so bad, but the process of getting soaked is not so much fun. At least I got to enjoy the looks of motorists who thought I was completely nuts.

I did take a car to the grocery store tonight. A word of advice to other bicycle commuters: If you aren't going to drive your car for a while make sure you remove that last 75% finished Mocha Latte from your car (in this case my wife's car). Something about high humidity and warm temperatures in car with the windows up can turn a Mocha Latte into something a little higher up the food chain. It couldn't crawl out of the cup yet, but I don't think that evolutionary step was far away. The odor can only be described as pungent, death like and sticky....I could still smell it on my clothes in the grocery store. On the way back the rain stopped so I could roll down the windows...it is a little better now I think ;-)

3 comments:

Curt Sawyer said...

pungent, death like and sticky

Eewwwwwwwww...yuck.

BullBunky said...

Oh nicely done. Love the rain :) Its one of my favorite subjects.

Buddy Tignor said...

It definitely was unique smell. I am glad that Christine was in Lake Tahoe...I'll have time to let her car air out.