Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Danger Men Gardening

This sign was on a door that rarely gets used at the far end of the campus greenhouse. It just cracked me up and made me think of John and Jeff out there in San Francisco. Not a direct connection (my brain definitely fails to work in a linear fashion...always has), but they are avid gardeners and anyone traveling in John's company is in imminent danger of being hit in a car driven by a crazy woman.
Bloom in the Japanese garden. I also just love Lemna, duckweed is one of my favorite plants in the whole world. There is a good reason, but it is a post unto itself.
The butterflies were just going nuts over the Zinnias today...the Buddlea is nearly finished, so maybe the Zinnia is looking much more attractive to the butterflies these days.
The color in this butterfly's tail reminded me of winter and snow...a harbinger of things to come.

2 comments:

JamesF said...

Nice pictures, especially the pond and butterfly.

I have images of the sign having more text, like "in thongs" or "in the buff" on the next line.

Buddy Tignor said...

That really would be a dangerous activity !!!