Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Lunchtime in Ottawa

I took a stroll during our lunch break at the conference today and took a few shots. For the most part Ottawa is a nice place. The city has a lot of history and definitely a European feel to it.
The officer barracks along the Rideau canal. The Rideau canal was finished in 1832 and connects the lakes and river between Kingston and Ottawa. The locks still all function and pleasure boats still regularly make the traffic. It is run by the park system now and has some great trails along its edges. Arches under a bridge over the Rideau Canal.
Edge of bridge. Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

BullBunky said...

Well, I was GOING to comment on the bicycle photo...before I got the the bridge edge, which I just love for its form and simplicity. I'm a simple man.

Buddy Tignor said...

Thanks for the compliments.

I don't believe you are simple for a second! Simple tastes perhaps...but with you, my friend, the old cliche definitely applies that "still waters run deep"