Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Neighborhood

So for the past two weeks we have been having this wonderful morning mist/fog (mog?) that makes the morning cool, if a bit wet. It also seems to be keeping things remarkably green even though we really haven't had much rain. Once it burns off though...it heats up. This was the view as I left to walk the dogs this morning.
I really love thistles....and once they seed the finches just go nuts for them.
Abstract shot of a yucca plant in the front of the house.
A picture for my Mom (her Father farmed this crop commercially for years along with her and her seven siblings)...I know what many of you may be thinking. Those flowers aren't that great. But let me tell you, that's the plant that help build Virginia and North Carolina...and to be fair put a lot of folks in the hospital over the years. I don't think there is any commercial acreage left around where I grew up, but there is still a bit around here.
Rudbeckia; Christine has been doing an awesome job with the flower beds out front.
The closing shot of the walk. All the high humidity and ample organic matter around has made it a great summer for fungi...and who can't pass up a great Basidiomycete shot.

3 comments:

BullBunky said...

Bay Area meteorologists aparrently use a term for our summertime low clouds and coastal fog: cloggy. Seriously. Cheryl noticed it on a newscast during her visit.

Anonymous said...

I want to move!

Buddy Tignor said...

Cloggy...sounds like a dance term. "I wanted to be debonair during the tango, but my two left feet resulted in cloggy moves. :-)

Better move fast! The 60+ set are buying up everything is sight as second retirement homes...for when Florida is too hot.