Friday, February 24, 2006

Tough Farewells Mitigated by Good Beer

On my last night in town several friends of mine gathered for one more beer prior to my departure. If you are guessing it was more than one beer for most of the people there you would be right. Above: Dave tells Deb all about the magical possibilities of constructed wetlands.
I am not sure what Tom is thinking here, but I would like to know...wouldn't you?
Nate (my first grad student, sorry for my steep learning curve Nate!), Dave (my trusty technician and right hand man at work for the last six years), and Tom (grad student #3, I knew I was in trouble when he arrived to the sledding party with a homemade sled called a 'jumpjack' made from a single down hill ski and two pieces of scrap wood).
Cully (former UVMer like me now) and Dave. Dave is about to get his M.S. and is already gainfully employed by the state in agriculture/environmental work.
Craig and I pose for a picture while Amanda seems to be not so patiently looking at the bartender for her next beer. P.S. Craig's fiance Christine (grad student #4 graciously took all these photos so that I could enjoy myself).
Four-month-old Rosalina makes her pub debut with Mom (left), Cully, Colleen, Christine and Nate. Thanks for a great time guys.

No comments: