Monday, February 06, 2006

Sick Puppy

Last year in my graphic design class we had to choose a book cover and complete a redesign. I love Carl Hiaasen books and editorials, so I decided to choose one of my favorites, 'Sick Puppy.' The book also has a labrador retriever as a main character, so what is not to like. I was really happy with this and the other class members gave it good reviews. Everyone seemed to like the orange and green colors. I also dialed in the color on the puppy photograph stock to make it have a purple hue to compliment the orange color of the book jacket. For those of you who have read the book: "SAVE TOAD ISLAND!". The original paperback cover is shown below; good design to, but different approach.

1 comment:

BullBunky said...

The orange cover is quite eye catching and would stand out nicely on a shelf. Makes ME want to read it.