Saturday, February 11, 2006

Lunch Bunch

Christine and I traveled to Richmond, VA. It took 2 days by plane, but that is another story for another blog. We were able to have lunch with our nephews and niece at J.B. Watkins elementary. Unlike my days at A.M. Davis when parents only showed at lunch when an aid was sick, this school has a guest table and the students can have adults come visit at lunch. Kind of nice. The boy with the wild hair is my nephew Rawlings. My dad is in the background. My niece Emily had just arrived from a field trip to the Math and science museum, so she didn't get to have lunch, but my Mom pulled her out of class so that she wouldn't feel left out. They were all excited to attend the Watkins Wacky Winter Wiggle later that evening. The youngest of my sister's children is Baylor. They obviously all enjoyed the healthy alternative of Arby's deep fried chicken and curly fries compared to the lunch that they normally pack into school. My mother is in the image off to the right. Elementary school sure has changed. In my day fast food in the lunch room was akin to a cardinal sin.

No comments: