Friday, February 03, 2006

Old Truck

So I finally got around to working on my artwork a little over the holidays. I am still mostly working in art markers and colored pencils. My abilities at capturing light are still limited, so I wanted to try and draft something with a lot of reflection. I found an image of an old truck on istockphoto and decided to try and render it. I am fairly pleased with it except the reds above the fender. They just don't look quite right. I am planning on starting something else this weekend. (the streak down the middle is a scanner artifact)

My side venture, 2doggraphics, also has a follow-up due on an equine horse safety poster (scroll down to see a thumbnail of the 11" X 17" poster) that had a printing run of about 5,000. This was an Illustrator project that is being used to show children around the country the correct way to wear a helmet for equestrian activities. I did the central graphic of the girl in the helmet and the font work using Illustrator, but the background at the bottom was stock. Dr. Greene at UVM is having me add an original background of my own for the next printing.

No comments: