Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Richmond Trip Full of Surprises

The first surprise was the snow. See image at end of post. The second surprise was the trip to Starbuck's made possible by blogging. So John (aka Bullbunky) and I had both had been home to Richmond maybe twice in the past couple of years. I was catching up on work e-mail while in Richmond (at my folk's house) and I decided to surf over to Travels and Tribulations and see what was up. I start reading about Chickadees and Bingles and realize that John is probably about two miles away at his parent's house. John, Jeff B., and I grew up within a short bike ride of each other. I give him a ring and after asking my pop to borrow the car (kind of felt good just to ask for the keys (made me feel young again)) we were headed for a quick coffee via an awesome Jeep Wrangler with Yosemite Sam floor mats. If it wasn't for the blog...I would have missed out on this opportunity to catch up with a dear friend.I am in the green hat, my nephew Zach is in hot pursuit and my Dad is preparing a rather large snowball targeted for one of his three grandsons present in the great snowball battle of 2006. Sorry about the daffodils MOM :-)

No comments: