Friday, February 24, 2006

On the Road...

On Thursday, I lectured one final time (I will finish the course distance ed.) and hit the road. I gave myself two days to get to Richmond (where I am blogging from, a record 2 times in the last 2 weeks). I took the Civic since there will still be snow in Vermont and Christine is taking care of the dogs until we sell the house. The dogs love their Honda Element. Of course I brought along the mountain bike and cyclocross bike. The rest of the car was filled to the gills with my stuff. The first day of the trip was truly awful. I had reserved a hotel room north of Baltimore and according to Yahoo it should be about seven hours of driving. Turned out to be more like 10. The interstates turned into stop-and-go around New York. During one particularly slow stretch, I did a cell phone survey. Of 100 cars passing mine: sixty-three had drivers talking on a cell phone. Additionally, only 13 of the 100 cars had more than 1 occupant. By the time I got the hotel my mind was a blank and on the night stand was this post-it pad. It represented my current state (no pen required).

No comments: