Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Family Photo Repair

I love old pictures of my family. About 9 months ago my mother sent me some images that were badly damaged and asked If I could work on them. It has become a rainy day project, but I am making some headway and learning about the amazing use you can put some of the Photoshop CS filters to (I haven't sprung for CS2 yet). The 'Dust and Scratches' filter under the noise category is remarkable. The healing brush and clone stamp are also some of my other favorite tools for this type of effort. The above picture was torn in half and badly scratched. It is a picture of my grandfather 'Papa'. My parents land was adjacent to his 100-acre farm west of Richmond, VA.The young girl above is my mother circa 1944? Eighth and youngest child of my grandfather pictured above. She was named Shirley after Shirley Temple. I may do some Ted Turner colorizing on this one for fun. It seems like a good candidate for some light pastel additions.

No comments: