Sunday, September 24, 2006

Rainy Sunday Mornings are Good

It rained heavily last night, but the dogs were up at 7:00 am and so was I. We had about a half hour for our walk prior to the rain starting up again. The break provided some really nice morning light. I have lived a lot of cool places (and some not so cool ones...extended college life has a way of exposing one to the dark side of housing), but the view here may just be the best yet.
This little guy has the common name of green stink bug which is totally unfair. The scientific name is Nezara viridula. The bug was well camouflaged against the Tulip poplar leaf.
Some early morning fall color.
The corn was harvested last week and in the morning light the stalk residue was a rich gold color.
By the time we returned the rain had started again.
You can tell that Christine waxes her car regulary :-)

4 comments:

BullBunky said...

I....LOVE....RAIN....PHOTOS!! These are terriffic. Love the one with the bug. The green is sooo vivid.

Buddy Tignor said...

Thanks, I got lucky with the bug. Since it was so flat, a lot of it came into focus.

The Dogfather said...

I think I need to start pulling your photos and turning them into my screen saver at work. Might help the days become calmer. Any rights, signatures, etc you'd like posted? If anyone asks I'll point them here. And maybe to Strangers Among Us.

Buddy Tignor said...

Pointing them to this blog is fine. If there are any in particular you want let me know and I can send them in a resolution more appropriate for a screensaver...just let me know what you want.

glad you enjoyed them.txqsjd