Sunday, September 10, 2006

Day of the Dahlias

One of the growndskeepers at the colllege has been collecting Dahlias for years and she even formed a Dahlia society to help with maintaining the cultiver collection. Just about all of them are in full summer glory right now.
It was slightly overcast with little or no wind, so I took advantage of the conditions to try and capture some color and texture.
The range of colors and forms is mind boggling. She has over 200 cultivars in one location.




Every now and then, I actully hold the camera steady enough to get a good macro shot. This little grasshopper was even more beautiful close up. Look at those eyes.

5 comments:

BullBunky said...

These are beautiful! Particularly fond of the first shot.

Unknown said...

Which macro lens are you using? Nice looking shots!

Buddy Tignor said...

I had a lot of fun with these glad you enjoyed them.

The lens is the one that is built into my Olympus C8080 Wide Zoom camera. I haven't forked over the dough for a DSLR...yet, but I am watching and waiting.

Anonymous said...

These pictures are amazing. Thanks so much for sharing them. I always wished I could take cool pictures that didn't come out fuzzy and lopsided-

Diane said...

Stunning photos. So vibrate and vivid.