Thursday, July 06, 2006

Trout Festival

A couple of weekends ago Christine and I went to the annual Trout festival in Maggie Valley. 'Maggie' as the locals call it is a bit higher up than Waynesville and apparently colder. There is actually a small ski lift there! It is a bit touristy, but the folks are real nice.
The trout festival had a clogging stage which was kind of interesting. These people really go at it. I think my fillings would fall out if I was able to actualy move my legs and feet that fast (which I am sure I can't).
To commiserate with John and his litter story...there was a beautiful little creek in Maggie that unfortunately was touched by the hand of man and a force mightier than any country...the multinational Coca Cola. It just doesn't take that much effort to find a trash can...even public ones are fairly common. They are outside of every convenience store and fast food joint afterall.

No comments: