Monday, July 31, 2006

Bicycle Commuting Experiment Begins

The commuting experiment has begun. Today I rode to and from work on my bicycle. It went much better than I hoped. In general people were much more friendly to me on the rode than when I lived in Vermont. I did get one yell from a bypassing truck, but it was a friendly enough yee hawww, that it didn't really bother me.

It is about 8 miles door to door, so it will mean 16 additional miles a day that I will get fresh air and 16 miles a day that won't go on my car. There are quite a few hills; none are too long, but there are a few short steep ones.

I had forgotten all the additional sounds you are able to hear on the bike...of course when cars are passing you can't hear much, but inbetween you can hear birds, streams, the wind...kind of nice.

No comments: