Monday, July 10, 2006

Random Ohio Folks

I have been trying to get my nerve up to get more candid images of people. It is a lot harder than I thought because most people don't want their picture taken by some goofy dude wondering and wandering around a city his doesn't belong in....and those who do volunteer --- pose...which ruins what I was after. The polished stone and steel of the theatre were built for people other than this man out front, but his outward appearance makes a statement. I doubt many people would ask him to leave. I took his picture from a moving car and he gave me a small, definitely friendly, wave afterwards.
These four were sitting on the bench outside Schmidt's while we waited for a table to be served the Best Wurst in Ohio. The three to the right are obviously daughter, mother, and grandmother (not sure about the girl on the left). Sitting their, they seemed like they had known each other for a million years.

2 comments:

BullBunky said...

Take more of these! People pictures are amazingly intimate and interesting if you can get up the nerve to do it. I hate it, but want to do more. Some people take the tactic of doing it from a distance with a telephoto, but that ruins the connection you make with the subject.

Buddy Tignor said...

Thanks for the encouragement. I have finally adopted the habit of taking my camera with me everywhere...so I really have no excuses left except my own hang-ups.