Sunday, July 30, 2006

Rainy Weekend

It was a pretty slow weekend here. Some bicycle maintenance in preparation for the big commuting experiment which begins this week and some well deserved down time relaxing. Christine and I went out to breakfast on Saturday morning and passed this sign on the way into town.

We thought Oh boy, another pork eating shindig...how many of these can one town have ??? HAMFEST is such an awesome combination of words...it does spark the imagination doesn't it. Well imagine my surprise when I did a little Internet search and discovered that it is an event put on by WCARS (Western Carolina Amateur Radio Society). The HAM was as in Home Amateur Radio.

Any pork involved in this event was purely incidental. Hmm... incidental pork sounds like federal government fiscal vernacular doesn't it ??? Made me think about how often I have had mistaken first impressions of people, places, events, and things.

2 comments:

BullBunky said...

I think that Incidental Pork would make a great band name.

Buddy Tignor said...

maybe I should register the domain name before someone else does ;-)