Friday, July 21, 2006

Is it the end of the world as we know it? ...I feel fine.

I have been thinking a lot about our petroleum based economy these days. Like I lot of you I suppose. Don't get me wrong, I like cars. I am beginning to wonder what price the world is going to pay for the many of us like me who like cars, like air conditioning, electricity, electronics, etc. etc. I am as guilty as the next guy of overconsumption. I have way more than I need and sometimes I revel in it. Maybe its time to make a change before the nasty consumption monster gets us all.
See I like bicycles a lot to...and unlike my former address in Vermont, here I could conceivably ride comfortably ten months out of the year and slightly uncomfortably for the other two. Maybe instead of complaining about fuel costs I should just ride my bike more. I think I need to do more than just complain all the time.

No comments: