Monday, July 03, 2006

Ready !!!

So we went to the big tent in front of Wal*Mart today and got the biggest fireworks they sell here. Unfortunately, they only allow things that shoot sparks. Couldn't even buy a Roman Candle. How am I supposed to get any good stories with these things.
At least it has a white chrysanthemum (whatever that is) and two (count'em) doses of crackles. When I was a kid we used to always get good fireworks from somewhere...I thought it was N.C., but if it was the laws have changed, cause there wasn't anything too fun here today.

I remember when we were kids we use to aim the Roman Candles at each other and shoot those flaming balls around. I distinctly remember being hit in the forearm and getting almost all the hair singed off (it grew back). Those were the good old days.

Anybody remember BB-gun wars? I am still carrying one of those copper BB's around in my chest. A few years ago I had to have a chest X-ray and it turned up. I don't even remember it happening. I remember those things stinging, but I guess one must have stung more than the others :-)

Looking forward to seeing some fireworks shots posted over the next few days. HAPPY 4th of July!!!

1 comment:

Buddy Tignor said...

I hope for your husband's sake that he never has to have his rear x-rayed :)

The 4th was great...hope yours was good to.