Saturday, July 01, 2006

Nostalgia and Blog Updates

Well after a substantial search this is it...all the photographic evidence I have of years 1993-1998. This photo is from Bandon Beach in Oregon just a few days after Jeff's wedding. After attending that great event in Seattle we took a little tour of the Northwest. I am not sure how John talked me into smoking the cigars (always the devious influence) but here we are.

Many memories I hold dear from that time and they emerge at the strangest times. Some quick examples that come to mind. (1) I can not help but see Jeff B. sprawled out on the rode and his bicycle half way up an embankment whenever I a making a scary descent on my road bike. I still don't know how he walked away from that one in Blacksburg (but I am glad he did). (2) John wearing a bandana made of paper with Jack-O-Lanterns on it during his 19th birthday. (3) Keith beeping in the dark as we dragged a bottle of tequila, salt shaker, and lime around the dunes of Cape Hatteras.

On other fronts I have finally followed proper blog etiquette and posted links to all these other fun blogs I have been reading. Some of you I know and some of you I don't, but I am glad John posted the links on his site so that I knew about them. It has been great to see what all these different creative active folks are thinking about. I also threw in a couple of others in the update that I keep up with.

Have a great 4th of July!!!

1 comment:

BullBunky said...

Awesome, Buddy. I remember this trip vividly. A very cool wedding, deep-blue Crater Lake, a zillion bugs on the front of the rental car, and a foggy Oregon coast. Classic.

I also hope someone has a picture of you and Keith with the tequila :)