Saturday, March 25, 2006

Whirlwind Tour of Paris

My next few posts will definitely be about my recent trip to Paris with Christine, and her parents. I love Paris and will definitely go back. Five days was only enough to wet my appetite. Above is a picture from the main garden at Versailles. Louis the XIV had a different way of looking at front yards. It took me almost an hour to walk from the palace to the end of the Grand Canal. It is hard to imagine that this landscape was completed prior to the availability of large earth moving equipment.Not much in the way of color this time of year at the garden, but I found some yellow and purple in the form of pansies. I can't wait to see this place in the late spring or early summer. I will get back. I could spend days at Versailles outside wandering and wondering.

Yes, we did get to see the Eiffel Tower. One evening we even had dinner at the lower deck. This picture was taken from a boat on the Seine River about 9:30 pm Paris time.

No comments: