Friday, March 03, 2006

Grape Flavored Apples ???

I have been hearing about this product for over a year and finally noticed it in the produce department today. These are Washington apples that are infused with artificial grape flavor. It does make for an interesting twist, but I had to ask myself why? However, this company may be on to something with Grapples. At the checkout line 5 different individuals, including the cashier and bagger, remarked about how wonderfully these smelled. I actually tried to have everyone do a taste test right there, but nobody wanted to go beyond a deep inhale. I guess not many people crack into food on the little conveyor belt and try to pass it out....kind of like being last on the elevator, doing a 180 and looking at the other passengers instead of the door :-)
---if you haven't tried this you should, you will never see a group of more uncomfortable people.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The other great southern delight you should try rhymes with your strange apple product, Scrapple. It is in the mystery meat isle.

Anonymous said...

That was posted by Craig B.

BullBunky said...

Oh my. I do enjoy Scrapple, but I sure hope they never blend THOSE products. Scrapple flavored apples might be a sign that our scientists have run out of things to do.