Wednesday, October 18, 2006

1st Grade


My Mother recently sent some old photographs up from Richmond, VA. I thought that this one might interest some of the folks that check on my Blog because there are many future members of Manchester High School's Class of '86. I actually thought that Ginger of The Fitz Clan fame might be in there, but my memory must be slipping. I could have swore that she went to A.M. Davis? Maybe there was more than one class of 1st graders? 1974 was 32 long years ago

Future Lancers Include:
Lisa Chauklin
Stacy Counts
Mary Beth Hessian
Kevin McDaniels
Suzy Rozum?
Lisa Beth Young
Jeff Zehner

...Of course I am there in the center on the "short kid" row holding the sign on the right. There are also some others that I believe went on to other High Schools like Michelle Roberts, Lisa Echols, and Shane.

5 comments:

BullBunky said...

Oh my goodness. That is amazing. I was at Chalkley...would love to see some of those photos. Wow.

Anonymous said...

Yes, there was more than one class of 1st graders that year - I was in Ms. Sligh's class. Obviously I need to purge some old memory files - that's a waste of good brain space.

Buddy Tignor said...

Well if you find a picture of Ms. Sligh's class post it, or send it along and I will.

It was fun to see all those young faces!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the great photo. I am living in London now and somehow my parents found this and sent it along to me. I believe I als recognize Sonja Owens in the photo.

Buddy Tignor said...

Marybeth, glad you enjoyed the photo. It was really fun to look back 30+ years ago.