Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Poem









Ode to the walker
by Christine O'Brien

When I first saw you I didn’t know what to do, you were so shiny and new

At first I just chewed the toys and didn’t make much noise.

But all of that came to an end when I found my speed and sped from end to end.

Nothing could stop me as I sped through the house with a smile on my face, not even when the wheels became frozen in place.

As I zoomed across the floors I noticed mommy tied on a swiffer to help with the chores.

One day while speeding past tables and chairs I found myself at the top of the stairs.

Down down down I went, please remind me to never repeat this descent.

Everything was all right, but I gave daddy and mommy a big fright.

Now I look at you all tattered and torn, thank goodness I was first born.

No comments: