Sunday, April 15, 2007

Happy Birthday and Thoughts on Gas

First, today was Christine's birthday and Seamus as usual wanted to make sure he got lots of face time. In babyland... if you are going to kiss up...kiss up to the milk truck. I am disappointed that his hair is starting to grow in...we won't look like Dr. Evil and mini-me much longer.

On Saturday I took part in an event we like to call Nanna exchange. Nanna (my mother) has mucho experience with babies and occasionally we are lucky enough to get her to come visit. Christine and I had our first dinner out since the Seamus arrived.

I drove half way to my sisters house in Georgia and my brother-in-law and niece and nephew met me for the drop off.

Anyway on the trip back it was late and rainy and I thought I was dreaming. Could it be that Shell and Texaco had merged? Well, of course not really, but if they do you get a neat logo by hanging a temporary Shell logo over a lit Texaco sign.

1 comment:

JamesF said...

I tell you, once you feel comfortable going out to dinner with the kid, do it as often as you can within the first year, because after that they pass the one year barrier dinner out isn't any fun anymore. They're throwing stuff, trying to wander off, etc. Trust me on this one, eat out as much as you can while they sleep most of the time and are basically immobile.