Sunday, November 12, 2006

Eclectic Weekend

On Saturday (It was 75 F) I finally caught up with several projects that I had been putting off. First, I mowed the lawn, for what will hopefully be the last time this season. Then I assembled a crib for the new baby that my folks ordered for us (everyone has been so generous, we are very thankful and lucky). Finally, I fixed a connection to one of our gutters to the underground pipes that take the water away from the house and out into the backyard. The Indian summer ended last night and we awoke to the mountain peaks being covered with new snow....first of the season.
I saw this car parked at the gym today...all I can say is that this is very Bothersome. Who finds this funny in our world today ??? So many kids frequent the gym...I know the owner probably had no real malicious intent, but why even kid about stuff like this. I don't know too much about guns, but the one in the gun rack did not look like anything you would normally use for hunting game.
Finally, ever been driving along enjoying the view out the window and then splat!!! I am glad to see the birds are eating well :-)

1 comment:

The Dogfather said...

Not a weapons guy, but looks like an AK47 (with one of the newer stocks). If you're in hunting country they're sometimes used (AFAIK) in boar hunting and other large game. Sometimes squirrels... because the leat thing you need is a wounded squirrel charging you, and all you have is bolt action. Those little guys can be vicious.