Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Slowly digging out!

Well it has been a busy couple of weeks. We had a major freeze (series of freezes actually) here that zapped everything that was blooming. Then there was wrapping up 5 courses and lets not forget Seamus who is now 3 months old, weighs 13 lbs, and is elongating as we speak. Imagine if an adult doubled in size in three months...wouldn't be pretty...but it works for an infant. He looks like he will be tall which is kind of a shocker if you know that there really aren't too many tall people in my family or Christine's for that matter.

Also decided to squeeze a few more years out of my good old e-machine. We are going Vista at work soon and I wanted to play around with it. Turns out the processor, 1.5 GB RAM, and HD space were all good to go...but I did need a new video card to get the cool Aero effects :-)

So now I have a PNY GeForce 6600 AGP 8X card with 256MB...only $68 at TigerDirect...not to shabby. Unfortunately my Motherboard is too old to have the PCI Express slot.

No comments: