Thursday, July 19, 2007

A day to forget...

I was at the Kansas City Airport by 7:30 am for a 9:00 am flight. The flight was overbooked, so I volunteered for a four-hour delay, $400.00 voucher, and free upgrade to first class. Things were actually looking good. After all, there was a Starbucks and I had my laptop...I could work.

Just as the final zone is loading the Delta agent calls my name. Someone didn't show, so I can get on the early flight and instead of the goods I get seat 22A and 2 coupons for a free beer, cocktail, or disposable headphones.

I get to Atlanta. Finally get to Starbucks and the barista is a wise ass. She asks my name for the order and as she writes it on the cup she asks me to spell it. OK, now I am worried "B-U-D-D-Y". Simple order nonfat, no whip, Mocha...what I always get. Well she gets a big laugh from the Atlanta crowd at my expense when she loudly calls out my name.

It was pretty funny and the Mocha tasted fine....no big deal.

So my turbo-prop connector to Asheville is an hour late. We finally board and a thunderstorm breaks out when about half of us are on the plane. They close the ramp due to lightning. We sit without AC for over an hour. Remind me to thank the inventor of deodorant and curse the people who refuse to be part of the 20th century by using the stuff.

We finally takeoff close to 3 hours late. I arrive in Asheville and just as I head towards the parking lot it starts to pour. On top of the rain, I now have to get through a major Interstate Construction site at rush hour.

This would be a perfect post for Travels and Tribulations, if only this had happened to Bullbunky instead of me :-)

2 comments:

Amy said...

Poor Buddy! That sucks!

JamesF said...

Ouch.

Although the Starbucks name thing is pretty funny.